Overview: This on-line course is a three-part series meant to help software companies develop a more robust Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering. Each segment focuses on a specific area required for success as a SaaS company. The final segment deals with pricing – an especially troublesome topic for SaaS companies.
Who should view: Members of senior management who want to develop a fuller understanding of what it takes to be a SaaS business as well as other executives who may be considering a transition from a traditional, on-premise model, to SaaS.
Key Learning Items: People who take this course will learn more about Software delivered as a service including:
- What goes into the decision to have a SaaS offering?
- What are the operational considerations to deliver a SaaS application?
- What elements of a pricing model are important
- What to consider when pricing and packaging a SaaS offering.
Planning a SaaS Business
- Is the SaaS model right for your company
- Finding and assessing a market
- Revenue forecasting
- Marketing and sales considerations
Delivering on the SaaS Promise
- Product roadmap and architecture
- Development, infrastructure and scalability considerations
SaaS Pricing Models
- Pricing structure vs. price levels
- Metrics Packaging and licensing
- Setting a price
- Discounts and their role in SaaS